1. Is this a new site or a redesign of an existing site?
i. What is the purpose of the redesign?
ii. Are there current specific issues with the current site you hope to improve or correct?
iii. What is the web address of your current website?
iv. What do you like and dislike about your current system?
v. What audience needs does your existing site do a good job fulfilling?
vi. What audience needs aren’t being met by your current site?
vii. Where does it fall short?
2. In short, what does your organization do?
3. Who is your organization’s target market?
4. Describe the concept, project or services this site is intended to provide or promote.
5. Who will Binaryone be working with to guide this project to completion?
6. How many people at your organization will be involved with the project?
7. Who is responsible for making the final decisions?
8. Who will be responsible for maintaining the site after launch for content and technical matters?
9. To the best of your ability, describe the various groups that will use the site. What are they hoping to accomplish? EG:
a. Prospects seeking information about our company.
b. Customers who might purchase our product.
c. Customers looking for menu, hours and location information.
d. Donors who might contribute to our organization.
10. What are the general demographics of your audience (or site visitors)?
11. For the purposes of this site, which of these groups is the primary audience (the one you’d consider most important?) This can be difficult to identify, but it’s important to determine who the primary audience should be.
12. What primary action do you want your primary audience to take when visiting your site?
a. Fill in a contact form.
b. Ask for a quote.
c. Call you.
d. Find out where you are located.
e. Purchase a product,
f. Sign up for a newsletter.
g. follow you on social media.
13. Describe in as few sentences the feelings you wish your site to evoke in your visitors.
14. Describe in as few sentences the brand attributes you want your site to convey.
15. Using adjectives and short phrases, describe the site’s desired look and feel. Examples:
a. Easy to look at,
h. understated, etc.
16. Do you have a visual identity that you are happy with (including brand identity and logo) or is that something you need designed or evolved?
17. List around three competitors sites.
18. Also what you consider their strengths and weaknesses?
19. What differentiates your product, services or ideas from your competition?
20. Approximately how many pages do you think you will need on the site?
21. What features would you like to be included on the site? Examples include:
c. Community Forum
d. Company News
e. Custom Page Not Found Page
f. Customer Lead Form
g. Event Calendar
h. Google Map(s)
i. Mailing List Integration
j. Member/Staff Protected area
k. Multiple Location Listings
l. Online Payment/Donation
m. Photo Gallery
o. Selling Products or Services (Ecommerce)
p. Social Media Integration
q. Staff Listing
22. Are there any third-party integration points we need to know about? Examples:
a. Interfaces to a CRM,
b. offsite e-commerce,
d. mapping solution,
e. social site or other use of a third party API, etc.
23. How much of the site content is already created? Content includes:
d. page text,
e. staff bios and pictures,
g. photos, etc.
24. Would you like assistance with content creation?
25. Are there any other technical requirements for the site that you haven’t mentioned so far?