Most search engines use a maximum of 160 chars for the description so, as with your title, you will need to use absolutely only the words that best describe your page. The page description is two or three short descriptive sentences, the purpose of which is to entice a potential reader to click your link on the search page. As with all meta tags, don’t introduce new words or concepts that are not on your page.
Even though I would always add a description meta tag to every page, you need to be aware that not all search engines use the meta description all the time. There are times when, instead of the description you so carefully crafted, search engines will show the person searching part of the text on the page or a mix of both depending on what they are searching for.
<meta name=“description” content=“The most important SEO strategy for beginners. How to improve Title, Keywords and Description meta tags on web pages and post to give you better page ranking. Tips to make over your SEO with a larger number of keywords.” />
Description: The most important SEO strategy for beginners. How to improve Title, Keywords and Description meta tags on web pages and post to give you better page ranking. Tips to make over your SEO with a larger number of keywords.
● Write your article for human readers first and foremost.
● Edit your page or post to improve your keywords but don’t stuff your article.
● Don’t use keywords that don’t belong in your article.
● Write your Title, Keywords and Description using your article as the source for your meta tags.
● When you are happy that you have polished your article and meta tags publish your post or page and watch your page ranking improve.